In today’s article, we will show you how to make deodorant with tea tree oil easy to help you control body odor easily.
Surely everyone wants their body to always have an attractive scent to attract people around. However, with the hot weather of summer, when you participate in outdoor activities, it may release an unpleasant odor that makes you afraid to be in a crowded place. Using a commercially available deodorant is convenient but can irritate your skin if you have sensitive skin. Why use an expensive deodorant when you can make your own natural deodorant at home with readily available ingredients without spending a fortune? Deodorants made with essential oils have a wonderful scent that most suits our skin.
Why should use tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil is considered one of the best essential oils, often used for healthy skin and hair. Besides, it includes many benefits, some specific benefits can be mentioned as follows:
- Antibacterial: Tea tree oil is a potent antibacterial agent. Body odor is caused by bacteria, thus tea tree oil can aid by killing the bacteria.
- Disinfectant: Because of the strong fresh perfume of tea trees, you may quickly think of cleaning goods when you smell them. Tea tree oil disinfects, washes, and purifies the skin because it contains a strong antiseptic. Its antiseptic properties also make it suitable for the treatment of minor wounds and cuts.
- Fresh scent: The tea tree provides a fresh herbal and medicinal aroma, which can further help mask unpleasant body odor. You can use about 7 to 14 drops of tea tree oil for this recipe, depending on how sensitive your skin is. If you have sensitive skin, then add a few drops of essential oil to prevent irritation.
- Environmental friendliness: This type of deodorant is completely eco-friendly. All ingredients used to make are available at home and very natural. Using chemical products on our skin can cause many skin problems, but organic or natural products are both good for the skin and cause no side effects.
That’s why tea tree oil should be used. Next, let’s come to the section on how to make deodorant with tea tree oil.
How to make deodorant with tea tree oil
What you need
- ½ cup witch hazel
- ½ cup distilled water
- 7 – 14 drops of tea tree oil
- Pyrex measuring cup
- 8 oz amber glass spray bottle
- Take the essential oil from the witch hazel and pour it into a Pyrex measuring cup.
- Then pour distilled water and tea tree oil into the above mixture.
- Stir the mixture you just created.
- Store the mixture in an amber glass spray bottle in a cool, dry place. The expiry date is more than 3 months. (The reason we use the amber bottle is to protect the deodorant from sunlight which reduces its shelf life. You can use a clean spray bottle, but make it a glass instead of a plastic bottle. Plastic bottles when exposed to light can deform and affect the quality of the deodorant.)
- After you are done with the above recipe, try to get some on your inner elbow to check if you are sensitive/allergic to it. If you notice any irritation in that area, wash it off and do not use it. If there is no reaction, please rest assured to store and use gradually. Above is how to make deodorant with tea tree oil that we have just provided for you. You may want to try other essential oils like lavender or rosemary.
How to preserve deodorant with tea tree oil
Store at room temperature
Store essential oils in any location that can avoid direct sunlight such as cabinets, bedrooms, etc. Because sunlight will photochemically reduce the quality of essential oils. Preferably a cool, dry place with good temperature regulation. In case of storing the deodorant at room temperature, it is necessary to avoid contact with places with too high temperature, away from heat sources such as fire, stove, … or in the car in the summer, on the window. Especially bathrooms, where high-temperature fluctuations affect the quality of deodorants made with tea tree oil.
Use small bottles
Choose containers that are the right size for the amount of deodorant to be stored to minimize their exposure to oxygen in the air. Dividing into several small bottles for storage and gradual use will protect a bottle from oxidation for longer.
Choose dropper cap over rubber dropper
Use a plastic dropper cap instead of a rubber dropper cap. Although rubber droppers are very convenient, they are easy to deform and decompose in a short time. It can even leak down the bottle and affect the quality of the deodorant inside. Especially choose the dropper cap made of plastic material that can withstand direct contact with essential oils. The dropper cap is an auxiliary cap, located inside the screw cap, which acts as an integrated dropper with a decrease in the flow rate of the essential oil.
Avoid easily damaged surfaces
Another tip for storing tea tree oil deodorants that you need to know is that essential oils should not be left on surfaces such as paint, polish, or plastic .. damage these surfaces.
To sum up, above is our tutorial on how to make deodorant with tea tree oil. The article also outlines the basic benefits of tea tree oil such as antibacterial properties, antiseptic properties as well as a fresh scent that can help you confidently when participating in outdoor activities without worrying about problems. body smell. In addition, we also provide specific instructions on how to preserve homemade essential oils at home. Hope you have success with this guide. If you have any questions, leave us a comment below. Bestdaysz.com will be back with many more articles.